Washington Periodontal Pocket Reduction
What Is a Periodontal Pocket?
Your teeth depend on your gums to provide a stable foundation of support. But, if your gums have become infiltrated by bacteria, it can lead to gaps forming between your teeth and soft tissue—allowing bacteria to further grow unchecked and potentially lead to tooth and jawbone loss. While healthy smiles typically have periodontal pockets around 2-3 millimeters, if they have increased to a depth of 5 millimeters, it is time to seek professional help. Our experienced dental team at Four Rivers Periodontics and Implant Specialists is here to help thoroughly remove any disease-causing bacteria from your gum tissue by performing skilled periodontal pocket reduction treatments to patients in Washington and throughout the surrounding areas.
Call our friendly dental team today at (636) 242-6450 to learn more about periodontal pocket reduction in Washington, MO.
Benefits of Periodontal Pocket Reduction Surgery
We understand that no one wants to hear that they need surgery, but pocket reduction procedures are safe and can be effective ways to minimize chances for more expensive and invasive surgeries down the line. Dr. Scully will measure the depth of your periodontal pockets and use local anesthesia and the most advanced tools and equipment on the market to effectively fold back the soft tissue and remove any disease-causing bacteria present.
4 advantages to periodontal pocket reduction are:
- Reduce the spread of bacteria: When periodontal infections go unchecked it can lead to a variety of other major issues down the line for your gums, teeth, and jawbone.
- Minimize bone loss: Bone loss can lead to disruptions in your speech and eating patterns. Additionally, if your jawbone isn’t sturdy enough to anchor dental implants, you might not be able to restore your smile until a bone graft is performed.
- More effective brushing and flossing: Once major bacteria buildup has been removed, it will make your everyday oral habits more effective, allowing you to perform daily brushing and flossing to reduce your risk of further infection at home.
- Improve your smile’s appearance: Major infection of the gums can sometimes affect your smile’s appearance, like major inflammation and brown spots. Once that infection is removed, your gums will look healthier.
Four Rivers Periodontics and Implant Specialists are leaders in periodontic treatments and work tirelessly to remain at the cutting edge of our industry. We deliver unparalleled periodontal pocket reduction surgery to patients throughout Washington and beyond.
For periodontal pocket reduction in Washington, MO, call our team today at (636) 242-6450 or fill out our online form.
Need An Oral Specialist?Why We're The Best Choice For You
Best Quality Materials Only
Overall Health & Wellbeing Focused
Highly Experienced Specialist
Tuesday - 8:00am to 4:30pm
Wednesday - 8:00am to 4:30pm
Thursday - 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Give Us A Call 636-242-6450
Patient ReviewsSmiles & Experiences
Gentle & Reassuring- Pattie
Very Thorough & Gentle- Cathy